The iconic Spitfire fighter was one of the backbones of the RAF in the desperate struggle for the skies during WWII, sporting a refined design and aesthetically pleasing elliptical wing, plus the proven Rolls Royce Merlin engine. It first flew in March 1936, and some two and a half years later in August 1938 the first production Spitfires - the Mk.I - started to reach units. This Mk.I would have a vital role to play in the Battle of Britain as the RAF and Luftwaffe played out a titanic struggle for the skies, and the successful fighting off of the Luftwaffe ensured that the Spitfire earned international fame that continues even in the modern day.
About the Model
- Fuselage length: 191mm, wingspan: 235mm.
- Superb accuracy is based upon in-depth examination of actual aircraft.
- Parts are included to recreate various types of Mk.I front canopy, sights, antenna bases and pitot tubes.
- The interior of the floorless cockpit is rendered in detail.
- Choose between open or closed canopy, each with dedicated parts for superb realism.
- Comes with 1 seated pilot figure and three marking options including for aircraft in the Battle of Britain and Operation Dynamo.
- Parts come molded in gray. Clear parts are included.