2015 was an auspicious year for NSX aficionados, as the legendary car's 25th anniversary was marked with the announcement of the new second-generation production NSX at the Detroit Auto Show. It went on sale to great acclaim in August of this year (2016). An exceptionally lightweight body utilizes aluminum, high-strength steel and carbon fiber components, while power is provided by a midship 3.5-liter V6 twin turbo engine in harmony with a 9-speed dual clutch transmission. The ground-breaking hybrid system orchestrates three electric motors for maximum control of all four wheels and outstanding cornering. With this much-anticipated super sports car starting to hit the streets, we have wasted no time in giving it the highly detailed Tamiya treatment and introducing it to the popular 1/24 scale Sports Car Series!
- Length: 18.7cm, width: 9.2cm, height: 5.1cm.
- The alluring, aerodynamically-honed form of the NSX is recreated with superb accuracy.
- The stylish floating pillars are built up using multiple parts.
- A combination of metal-plated and clear parts depict head- and taillights.
- Realistic V6 twin turbo engine and suspension depictions are to be attached to the model frame.
- Features authentic cockpit interior depiction.
- Mirror surfaces and emblems are recreated using metal transfers.
- Can be assembled as left- or right-hand drive.
- Metallic stickers recreate front and rear Honda and Acura emblems.