Kirishima (DDG-174) is a Kongo-class guided missile destroyer in the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF). The Kongo's are a variant on the Arleigh Burke class destroyers, but are lacking the offensive strike capabilities (no Tomahawk cruise missiles). Kirishima is equipped with the Aegis fire control system, SM-2MR Standaard missiles, Harpoon SSM, a OTO-Melara 5" gun, 2 triple ASW torpedo tubes and a helo deck. Like the Flight I Burkes, the Kirishima does not possess a hangar or other support equipment for a helo.
Hasegawa's Kirishima kit is virtually the same as the previous Kongo release; almost all the sprues in this kit are labelled either "Kongo" or "JMSDF."
Leading brand of the Japanese Plastic Model Kit products, Hasegawa offers a wide range of different models and scales.
- Parts: 158 pcs
- L 9.05 x W 1.18 inches
- Item name: JMSDF DDG Kirishima The Latest Type
- Type: Military Models
- Accurate Scale Model
- Highly detailed model kit
- Detailed Instructions Provided
- Material: Plastic
- May require assembly and painting
- Separately, tools, paint etc are necessary
- Recommended age: From 14 yrs old
- Includes: Plastic sprue, Decalsheet (waterslide)
- A treat for collectors